Shelley Nelbert is a consummate commercial real estate professional with over 25 years of experience providing high-level advice to business and corporate clients, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, as well as private investors. Passionate about raising capital for projects.
Shelley’s savvy and expertise in solely representing tenants has resulted in her:
• Sourcing and landing an entertainment company a 100K foot building in the ideal/desired location with equity participation.
• Helping a little known, but now highly renowned, software company go and grow from 8K feet to a 100,000 foot location without needing a renegotiation.
• Negotiating a 65,000 sf lease transaction in a record breaking six weeks, enabling the client to get a 25% under market deal with visible identity in what became a major project.
• Making the first film company deal in Santa Monica, before the migration to “Silicon Valley” began
• Located a building for a major record company to buy that never hit the market; and enabled them to make the deadline on the 1031 exchange
• Sold a local class C building for a client and used the equity to exchange into a class A investment, with a solid 10% return * Renegotiated investment company lease early, locking in a 25 % savings for 5 years, while increasing the space by 40%.
• Negotiated a lease in Santa Monica for a non profit 30% under market by finding a philanthropic landlord savvy in deal structure and charitable giving programs.
Shelley’s team-building abilities, attracting and managing top notch teams of experts such as space planners/designers, attorneys, insurance professionals, CPA’s, and facilities management experts, makes the leasing experience for her clients exceptionally easy and fluid.
Specialties: Tenant representation, tenant consultant, owner/user purchases, Strategic planning for business growth, ,repositioning of real estate assets, opinion of value, investment sales of office, industrial and retail properties, expert witness, hard money lender.