Despite having worked in commercial real estate brokerage for the past twenty-five years, I still find myself learning something new most days, whether it be a different approach towards solving a problem for a client or finding a way to creatively structure a deal that results in a “win-win” for all parties involved. What I most enjoy about being in this business, however, is the direct interaction that I have with my clients. By developing a thorough understanding of a client’s business operations and how his current real estate position may be having a negative impact on his productivity, I am able to best advise my client as to how expanding or shrinking his real estate footprint or even relocating his facility may have a significant positive effect on his net profit.
To meet this goal, having a broad book of experience is critical, as well as having enough “tools in the toolbox” to analyze and solve problems. My MBA in finance and real estate from the University of Connecticut and the knowledge that I acquired while earning my CCIM and LEED GA designations provide me the necessary analytical skills and my sixteen years of having served on my town’s Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning and Zoning Commission help me navigate the sometimes murky municipal land use regulations. There is nothing that I find more rewarding than being able to use my experience, knowledge and skills to help my clients excel.
· Commissioner, Planning & Zoning Commission – Town of Wilton, CT (2012-2021)
· Commissioner, Zoning Board of Appeals – Town of Wilton, CT (2006-2012)
· Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Steering Committee – City of Meriden, CT (2004-present)
· Blight and Brownfields Committee – City of Meriden, CT (2004-present)
· CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) – Town of Wilton, CT (2005-2010)
· Alumni Schools Committee – University of Chicago (1998-present)
· Notary Public – State of Connecticut (2006-present)
M.B.A. (Finance), University of Connecticut
B.A. (English Language and Literature), University of Chicago
CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), LEED Green Associate, Commercial/Investment Division (CID) – Greater New Haven Board of Realtors, Beta Gamma Sigma, University of Chicago Alumni Schools Committee