We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
Ed Mendence, SIOR, CCIM
Director of Occupier Services BRE license # 00826259
Bespoke Real Estate Advisors, Inc.- Silicon Valley Office
1-408.858.0488 e-mail Ed.Mendence@bespokerea.com
P R O F I L E
Over 30 years of versatile success as a California commercial real estate licensee achieving Silicon Valley property
owner consulting for institutional property owners of industrial/high-tech real estate, and nationwide occupier advisory
services for national/global corporations. Accumulated sales and leasing of over 16.5 million square feet of Silicon Valley industrial/high tech building space alone, over $1 billion in aggregate transaction valuations, and successful representation of several hundreds of transactions and clients including:
CalPERS, CalSTERS, Hewlett-Packard, Nabisco, Sun Microsystems, Memorex, RREEF, Walton Street Capital, Prudential Realty, J.P. Morgan, G.E. Capital Investment Advisors, Trammell Crow, Lincoln Property Co, Catellus Development, Tigers Global Logistics, Menlo Logistics.
Adept in real property marketing success and in marketplace economic analyses; in contract negotiations; in generating competing property alternatives for occupiers, and in the deft usage of negotiating leverage as a persuasive advocate for commercial real estate (CRE) clients. Proficient in CRE transaction management, coordination, and cost reductions; national and international networking via SIOR and CCIM designations; strategic corporate real estate advisory, plus skilled outsourcing to meticulously deliver extraordinary client value.
C O R E C O M P E T E N C I E S
• Tenant/Buyer Representation • Corporate Advisory Strategies & Services • Landlord/Seller Advocacy
• Economic Optimization of Portfolio Assets • Integrated Transaction Management & Coordination
• Expert CRE Sales/Lease Contracts Negotiations • CRE financial analyses skills & economic studies
• CRE Site Selections/Location Strategy • World Class Supply Chain Strategy & Network Optimization
• Public Incentives Analysis/Economic Benefits Studies • Successful Public/Private Sector Partnerships
• Facilitator of Govt. Approvals/Permits for Construction Projects • Reduce CRE Occupancy Costs
• Optimize CRE Productivity, Efficiency & Profitability • Space Utilization, Layout, & Flow Analysis
• SIOR and CCIM network • Proven Networking & Outsourcing Skills • Creative Problem Solver & Innovator
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
TRANSWESTERN COMMERCIAL SAN JOSE, CA
Senior Director of Industrial/R&D & Senior VP Jan. 2016 – Jan. 2019
Served 7+ years as exclusively appointed national CRE representative/advisor of Tigers (USA) Global Logistics, Inc. for diverse multi-city lease and sale assignments across the USA and Canada.
▪ Coordinated and led nationwide CRE teams of brokers, architects, engineers, consultants, construction contractors, etc.
in 14 successful USA lease transactions plus 1 sale property transaction for Tigers (USA) Global Logistics, Inc.
▪ Proven negotiating success and fiduciary advocacy services produced cumulative multi-millions of $$ client cost savings
▪ Earned #1 Top Producer awards in 2017 and 2018 for the entire Transwestern Silicon Valley region.
▪ Active co-founder and thought leader in the national advisory team of Transwestern Intermodal & Logistics Team (TILT)
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS/RECOGNITION
• San Jose Mayor’s Gang Prevention Task Force Executive Committee member, 2010 - Present
• Certified Commercial Investment Member designee of CCIM Institute (Browse CCIM), 2009 - Present
• Economic Vitality Committee of Silicon Valley Leadership Group, 2003-07
• Milpitas Parking Task Force (Appointed by City Council), 2007-08
• Santa Clara County VTA-BART Community Working Group for BART to Silicon Valley, 2007-08
• Appointed Twice by San Jose Mayor & City Council on Committee to Interview/Recommend Applicants for Available City
Commissions 2002-06 • Santa Clara County Transportation Agency Committee 1995-96
• Elected to Board of Directors 3x & Past President of San Jose Almaden Country View Custom Estates Homeowners Assoc., 1999-2006
• Society of Industrial & Office Realtors/SIOR designee (Browse SIOR), 1996 – Present
• Founder & Chairman, Milpitas City Economic Development Committee, 1993-95
• Elected to Board of Directors Colliers-Parrish, International, 1994-95
E D U C A T I O N + T R A I N I N G
SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY - B.S. Political Science SANTA CLARA, CA
Ed also completed over 206 hours of classroom testing in CCIM Institute economics, investment and financial analysis, plus
achieved prerequisite production successes, and demonstrated peer ethics pre-qualifications to earn his CCIM certification.