We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
Award-winning and Top-Performing Commercial Real Estate Executive able to leverage extensive professional experience spearheading and coordinating tenant representation. Providing excellence in finding the perfect location, negotiating the best possible rental rate and securing other landlord incentives such as free-rent, tenant improvement allowance, options to extend etc. And finally, representing you throughout the lease negotiaiton process until the best possible deal is completed.
Recognized for the following achievements:
o DARE Award (Distinguished Achievement in Real-Estate Excellence) Awarded to one
employee annually by JLL, to the company’s top real estate executive.
o Top Performer: Awarded by JLL, four consecutive years.
o Broker of The Year: (Two Consecutive Years) Deutsche Bank Asset Management
o Above and Beyond Award: Deutsche Bank Asset Management
o Power Broker: Awarded by CoStar Group California
· Personally, involved in real estate developments totaling more than $900 million in development costs. Delivering mixed use developments on time and on budget.
· Success in meeting / exceeding all leasing and occupancy goals, developing commercial real estate projects, increasing occupancy rates, and exceeding revenue targets.
· Experienced with leasing, contract negotiations,
broker relationships, real estate integration strategy, budget administration,
underwriting, asset valuation, and real estate portfolio optimization.
DAVID L. SORENSON REAL ESTATE CONSULTING, Vineyard, UT 2018 – Present
Founder/ Operations Manager
Established real estate consulting company and currently oversee all company operation,
from initial client contact to contract fulfillment. Offer underwriting services to tenants, landlords, real estate companies and asset management organizations in areas of development, leasing, operations, and asset evaluation. Conduct webinars and establish client systems on integrating real estate and property-based teams.
· Delivered potential savings of millions of dollars in rental and legal
fees for Morgan Stanley as a result of consulting on real estate portfolio effects
· Generated extensive potential savings for Stonehill Capital as a result
of providing expert underwriting and cap rate analysis for portfolios of CMBS
· Developed detailed analysis and strategy plan on successfully
addressing upcoming asset portfolio vacancy issues for Principal Group.
· Developed job platform and authored successful eBook: “Small
Business Startup, from Idea to Opening.”
CBRE, Newport Beach, CA 2016– 2018
Vice President – Asset Services
Held full accountability for facilitating diversification, modification, and redevelopment
of large platform properties, including institutionally owned mixed use
projects and major retail centers. Served in marketing and business leadership
capacity, prospecting and securing client relationships. Supervised leasing and
management teams for multiple projects in several western and midwestern
· Planned and led large retail and mixed-use development projects in
California, Utah, Kansas, Michigan, and other states.
· Successfully landed and secured new clients, exceeding budget forecasts
· Pitched high-profile accounts securing more than $5.5M in leasing and
JONES LANG LASALLE (JLL), Irvine, CA 2010– 2016
Vice President – Associate Director
Held key executive decision-making authority, developing and leasing critical
properties, including mixed use properties and large retail centers in multiple
states. Ongoing business unit leadership, including project management
expertise, development management, personnel development and financial stewardship.
Assisted ownership with diversification, modification, and redevelopment
planning to enhance market relevance.
· Spearheaded successful Marina Marketplace redevelopment, including acquiring high-profile tenants and exceeding assigned income
proformas, exceeding projected revenues by 35%.
· Earned prestigious DARE Award for “Distinguished Achievement in Leasing
· Recognized as Top
Performer for four consecutive years, achieving top 10% in leasing revenues.
· Received Above and Beyond Award from Deutsche Asset Wealth Management,
for excellence in client services.
· Recognized as a Power Broker by CoStar Group, for being a Top
Performing Broker in Los Angeles.
GENERAL GROWTH PROPERTIES, Glendale, CA 2006– 2010
Oversaw leasing, development, and management teams for various redevelopment and leasing programs in California, Arizona, and New Mexico.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT | AFFILIATION
Licensed Real Estate Agent: Utah
Licensed Real Estate Broker: State of California
Licensed Real Estate Agent: Kansas
Certified Retail Property Executive (CRX), ICSC Certified Leasing Specialist (CLS), ICSC
Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
BA (Bachelor’s Degree), California State University, Fullerton, CA