The Union Box Company building was constructed in 1880 to house the company that bears the building’s namesake. Used for box making until the early 20th century, the building then went through a series of commercial uses before becoming an antique furniture supplier. A local developer acquired the building and embarked on a full renovation in 1997. The award-winning results include exposed brick, original wood columns and a number of original mechanical features. Union Box Company is a special home for businesses and residents who seek modern amenities in a historic location.